Ajira Airways

David3

Ajira Airways

Post by David3 »

They found a water bottle in the boat that says Ajira Airways. Juliet says something like, "Ajira, they fly anywhere." Here's my wacky, crazy, crackpot theory of the week. During that jump they were obviously in the future. We know this by the abandoned camp and missing zodiac. I'm going to say that this is a future time when the Oceanic 6 are back on the island. The Oceanic 6 make it back to the island flying on Ajira Airways (with Lapidus as the pilot, of course) and land on the runway that was being built on Alcatraz. They then find the boat and ride in it over to the beach camp on the main island. They find it abandoned, but at the moment the "island 6" jump into that time the zodiac appears. The Oceanic 6 find it and decide to take it and look for people elsewhere on the island. Shortly after that the island 6 get to the beach.

As for the people shooting at them, I'm going to guess that these are the others who have no idea whose plane came to the island and also have no idea that the island 6 are currently in this time. They're shooting at them thinking its a new threat.

paul in vegas

Re: Ajira Airways

Post by paul in vegas »

Of course this is only a hunch...
I think the people shooting at The Three Scientivos & Co. were none other than the Oceanic Six and Ben.
When the Oceanic 6 and Ben return to the island, via Ajira Airways, they are being followed by Widmore's people who are in pursuit obviously to find the island's new location. They have a confrontation at the beach camp and Widmore's goons are defeated. TTS&Co. then determine that the only safe way to the Orchid is to take a boat, since they think there may be more goons hiding out on the island. From their own canoe/pontoon the Oceanic 6 and Ben see people in the other canoe/pontoon and automatically assume they're Widmore's goons. They have no idea that they are actually shooting at their friends.

Return to “5x04: The Little Prince”