Will The Flashes Become More Violent, Stop?

David3

Will The Flashes Become More Violent, Stop?

Post by David3 »

I wonder what, if any, effect Locke's turning of the wheel will have on the time flashes?

Will they happen even more, causing more death?

Will they lessen, with longer periods of time in between each flash?

Will they stop all together, leaving the losties stuck in whatever year they are in now.

Here's my theory. I think the flashes will stop, at least for now. I think they are stuck in the time of the Dharma Initiative, probably the early seventies. We have seen, heard, and been told that Daniel was present during this time period three times.

In "Because You Left," we see Daniel working in the Orchid. In the Comic Con video of Pierre Chang, you can hear Daniel's voice as the camera operator. Daniel talked to Charlotte when she was a kid on the island. These three events couldn't have taken place in just a small time jump. Clearly Daniel has infiltrated Dharma. I think they'd have to be stuck in a certain time for a long period of time for him to be able to do all the things we've seen and heard him do.

If this is the case, then at what time would the O6 come back? 2008 or 1970s?

Claude
Site Admin

Re: Will The Flashes Become More Violent, Stop?

Post by Claude »

David3 wrote: I think the flashes will stop, at least for now. I think they are stuck in the time of the Dharma Initiative, probably the early seventies.
I completely agree.

Vince

Post by Vince »

not really that SPOILERy (I reference the enhanced presentation of 4x13)

I agree with the DHARMA Initiative setting for the next chapter of our characters' adventures. However, I suspect it might be early 80's rather than the 70's for two reasons: we'll need to see young Charlotte and she should have been born around '76; and I saw somewhere (maybe the enhanced version of the season 4 finale?) that The Orchid was built in '84. That should be the same time we saw Chang & Faraday in season five premiere. It makes sense for the season arc to build toward Faraday's reason for being in the Orchid. On one hand it seems like a better dramatic structure to have that scene bookended at the end of the season. On the other hand it doesn't seem like there's ten episodes worth of stuff to happen before we see it.

David3

Post by David3 »

I was basing the time frame off of the Comic Con video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo6Q7gzUjI8

In the video, Pierre Chang says that you should be receiving this 30 years in the future and that George W. Bush is your president. That would place the time of the video between 1971 and 1978. You can here the baby in the background and Faraday's voice too.

Ben says that Charlotte was born on July 2, 1979, but he also said she was born in Essex, England, so he could be wrong. So, either Ben is wrong and Charlotte was born earlier, or Faraday spends several years with the Dharma Initiative.

Return to “5x05: This Place is Death”