The Oceanic Six.

The premiere episode of the fourth season of Lost.
David3

The Oceanic Six.

Post by David3 »

We know there's Jack, Kate, and Hurley. Who are the other three? Any guesses? I'd say Sun is a candidate. If she stays, she dies.

Based on Hurley's conversation with Big Mike, I'd say that the world is under the impression that the "Six" are the only people that survived the crash. Why are they having to lie?

Hurley's visitor, Matthew Abbadon, seems to have knowledge of the island and what happened there. He knows that people are alive.

Perry

Re: The Oceanic Six.

Post by Perry »

My guess is:

Jack
Kate
Hurley
Sawyer (with Kate)
Michael (in coffin)
Sayid (too smart not to get off with them)

Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

Three redshirts.

MekareQ

Post by MekareQ »

Michael isn't one of the Oceanic Six. I doubt he would be counted, seeing as he got out on his own. I agree that Sun is a likely candidate. I believe Hurley was chosen for his money.

Perry

Post by Perry »

Well I'm not reading or looking for spoilers but I hope they don't want us to think that little boat they left on got them rescued, I hope they run out of petrol and drift all the way back to the island. I know that's kind of repeating the raft idea, but I prefer that than to say you can just get off the island so easily.

Perry

Post by Perry »

Now that I think about it, with the 6 people I think got off, it'd be a very boring island.

Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

I think that the freighter picked up Michael/Walt. Also I don't think Kate is one of the Oceanic 6. Maybe she made a deal to get on the freighter and get dropped off unofficially, so she wouldn't get busted.

Perry

Post by Perry »

Yeh I have the feeling that most likely Kate is not one of them. I'll have to rethink my 6...
.. definitely Sawyer and Sayid...

Jack
Hurley
Sawyer
Sayid

Order of probability:
1. Michael & Walt
2. Jin & Sun
3. Claire & Aaron
4. Rose & Bernard
I'll have to decide on 1 of these groups..
Last edited by Perry on Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

MekareQ

Post by MekareQ »

I don't think anyone not from 815 who is not currently on island will count as our Oceanics.

1. Jack
2. Kate
3. Hurley
4. Sun
5. Claire (with baby as number six, or...)
6. John Locke. I know it's crazy, but it would blow our minds.

Perry

Post by Perry »

How can Kate be one of the Oceanic Six?
Even if she changed her name, there's no chance a photo of her wouldn't be released and then she would be arrested.

MekareQ

Post by MekareQ »

I have two theories about Kate. One that I already shared, that the Losties and she will lie about her identity, and that she will run before confronting authorities. I thought that was the most likely until the most recent episode. Now, she told people her real name, and there is the captain who knows everyone on the ship.

I think we're going to go with the suckier-explanation. I think the frieghter people/widmore/freaky lawyer guy are going to be able to have the charges dropped. It shouldn't be *That* hard, there was never proof she killed her dad, and now the only witness is dead. Kate's word against a dead woman's. The only real proof against her is the fact she ran, and she could explain that as panic and fear. She could even use the Marshal against her case, he was stalking her, he told her she had no hope, etc. Was she is any trouble for killing her best friend, or was that considered an accident?

I'm not a legal expert, but I think with money and connections the charges could be dropped.

I still like my idea better, though.

paul in vegas

Post by paul in vegas »

Are we sure that Diane is dead? I don't recall any confirmation on the show. Perhaps the producers mentioned it elsewhere, but that would be pretty crappy if they did.

Perry

Post by Perry »

MekareQ wrote:I have two theories about Kate. One that I already shared, that the Losties and she will lie about her identity, and that she will run before confronting authorities. I thought that was the most likely until the most recent episode. Now, she told people her real name, and there is the captain who knows everyone on the ship.

I think we're going to go with the suckier-explanation. I think the frieghter people/widmore/freaky lawyer guy are going to be able to have the charges dropped. It shouldn't be *That* hard, there was never proof she killed her dad, and now the only witness is dead. Kate's word against a dead woman's. The only real proof against her is the fact she ran, and she could explain that as panic and fear. She could even use the Marshal against her case, he was stalking her, he told her she had no hope, etc. Was she is any trouble for killing her best friend, or was that considered an accident?
I guess it's vaguely possible that Kate is still on the run after having faked her name to the press or whoever, but man that's another 2 years of more Kate running. I'll be glad to "time-shift" over that part of the story.

I think by Jack having to meet Kate at the airport means that Kate is still in hiding and so I don't think the charges have been dropped.

Also we haven't had confirmation that Diane's cancer has killed her yet, even though she didn't look too good before she screamed out "Help!" causing Kate to run away.

David3

Post by David3 »

Based on her circumstances and the crash and everything. I think the prosecutors will work a deal with her for fear that the jury will sympathize with what she's been through. Probably wouldn't happen in real life, but they need some way to keep her from going to jail. I just can't see her being able to run. How is she going to use the name of someone on the plane? Wouldn't the family of the person who's name she is using be like, "what, you're not Libby" (or whoever).

Perry

Post by Perry »

Yay! I was right about Sayid.

After watching "The Economist", I really really hope that Desmond and or Juliet aren't part of the six, and it makes me think even more that Sawyer is one of the six.

Perry

Post by Perry »

Well I guess Kate is part of the six. I don't like that.
Maybe my original six was correct.
C'mon Sawyer and Michael.

MekareQ

Post by MekareQ »

My original thought was that Kate would use a tampered-with passport to claim she was someone who died, and then skip out before being discovered by anyone who could contest it.

If Kate got her charges dismissed, it was probably with the caveat that she had to keep quiet.

Here's my updated list:

Jack
Kate
Hurley
Sayid

Sun (?) Her need is the greatest
Claire (?) Desmond saw her getting on the helicopter.

Once again, I don't think Michael and Walt will be counted among the 6, they're probably in hiding somewhere under aliases, and I would also rule out Desmond, Juliet, etc, who were not on 815.

Just curious, how many people think there might be non-Oceanic survivors who got off as well? Secretly or not?

Perry

Post by Perry »

I hope as few people got off the island as possible. That way there will be more room for island discoveries, with more people being there to find out stuff, even if they don't share the information with each other.

Return to “4x01: The Beginning of the End”