Whispers

The premiere episode of the fourth season of Lost.
avwalker

Whispers

Post by avwalker »

So C&J... it seems your prediction about the whispers not showing up in the first episode was wrong. Goddamn that was awesome. And of course it will all be over in seven weeks. *tear*

Justin
Site Admin

Re: Whispers

Post by Justin »

It won't be the last time.

Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

That scene confused (STAY TUNED FOR THE WORLD PREMIERE OF ELI STONE, AFTER LOST HERE ON ABC) me. So was the whole cabin a hallucination Hurley's part? Prior to the cabin seemingly (DON'T TURN THAT DIAL, THE SERIES PREMIERE OF ELI STONE IS COMING UP NEXT, FOLLOWED BY AN EXCLUSIVE SNEAK PEAK OF LOST) disappearing before his eyes I was sure that was Locke in the cabin with Jacob. (THE SAN FRANCISCO CHRONICLE CALLS ELI STONE "AWESOME".)

David3

Post by David3 »

It was Jack's dad and Jacob in the cabin. Jack's dad was in the chair and the eye was Jacob's eye. If it was a hallucination, it was a hallucnation the island was making him have, because he's never seen either of these two people before.

redscarf

Post by redscarf »

SO glad the whispers were back! I was starting to believe they were gone for good.

Jen

Post by Jen »

As for the cabin, it really didn't seem to me like the same location. Do you think that the cabin is a fixed place? Also, what was Locke doing there? Had he been in the cabin/going to the cabin?
And, as for the whispers, are we supposed to think that the whispers that preceded the appearance of the radio tower crew real or a writing trick to fake out the viewers? It remindes me of the situation that led to Ana Lucia killing Shannon.
And about Ana Lucia, presumably there is a reason Hurley denied having met her. Is the secret that Jack has come to make sure Hurley keeps the fact that the Oceanic 6 are not the only people who survived the crash, that some survived and were killed and some left behind? And, I know it's a writing thing, but surely some powerful organization (Widmore, for instance) would make a fake ID/business card for the goon they sent to get Hurley (the creeeeeeeeeeepy guy who is apparently on The Wire, and if I hear that factoid from another person I think my head will explode.)

PS NOTHING could make me watch Eli Stone, not memories of a middle school crush on Jonny Lee Miller, not the vacuum created by the writer's strike, and not an ad for Oceanic. That said, did anyone watch the ad?

Jen

Post by Jen »

"Now a subsidiary of Viacom"?
Is this really funny b/c you wrote it or is it troubling b/c the forum is really a subsidiary of Viacom?

Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

Jen wrote:"Now a subsidiary of Viacom"?
Is this really funny b/c you wrote it or is it troubling b/c the forum is really a subsidiary of Viacom?
To quote Justin, "Does Viacom even exist anymore?"

Return to “4x01: The Beginning of the End”