What do you think happened to Aaron?

vickih

What do you think happened to Aaron?

Post by vickih »

I don't think Aaron is with Claire's mom because I was thinking since Claire's mom believes only the Oceanic 6 survived. Telling her the truth at this point would open a big can of worms. They lied to protect the island so I am sure Kate has kept the secret. And for her mom to find out that her daughter survived and they lied about her death is something Kate would not go through. IMO

So she could have left him with Cassidy or something more sinister. Maybe she put him up for adoption!

TheRadioTower

Re: What do you think happened to Aaron?

Post by TheRadioTower »

vickih wrote:I don't think Aaron is with Claire's mom because I was thinking since Claire's mom believes only the Oceanic 6 survived. Telling her the truth at this point would open a big can of worms. They lied to protect the island so I am sure Kate has kept the secret. And for her mom to find out that her daughter survived and they lied about her death is something Kate would not go through. IMO

So she could have left him with Cassidy or something more sinister. Maybe she put him up for adoption!
I've read theories that Kate killed Aaron, which seems a little too harsh for ABC. I don't think leaving the kid with Cassidy would be a good idea considering the kind of choices that character has made.

I think Sun kidnapped Aaron, had him sent to Korea, she then threatened to kill Aaron if Kate did not go to the island. It fits with creepy comment Sun made in 'The little prince. "I found a new friend for you in America"

Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

Maybe Aaron is taking the place of Vincent and is in the cargo hold.

David3

Post by David3 »

Stephen wrote:Maybe Aaron is taking the place of Vincent and is in the cargo hold.
Does that mean Aaron is the Smoke Monster?

itsMrsB

Post by itsMrsB »

The theory of Sun taking Aaron and blackmailing Kate is interesting!

I think there is something more metaphysical going on, though. Claire was acting weird in Jacob's cabin. Kate was acting the same way. Claire left Aaron in a bull-rush or leaf, even though she loved him so much. It was so weird that she gave the baby up. So it is with Kate. She would never give up Aaron either, yet she obviously did and in a way she doesn't EVER want to talk about (as opposed to "I can't deal with talking about this now")

I think that Christian and/or Claire came and collected Aaron. The fact that Kate had no pictures of him or reminders of him with her, make me wonder if all of Aaron's things dissapeared, even the pictues he drew, to make it seem as if he never existed. Infact going back to the island he hasn't existed yet. Kate knows that to keep Aaron alive she has to give birth to him on the island - probably with Claire delivering. In the original crash Aaron was not a passanger in his own right. The dead person and the unborn child who travel together on the island are both "raised" from the dead upon arrival at the island. Remember, Aaron probably died during the Oceanic crash. Claire didn't feel him for several days = until she ate some of Jin's fish (someone ought to tell Juliet about this.). Then the baby moved and soon after Jack saw Christian.

I think that while the Losties and island people keep playing different roles in some eternal island saga or game we don't know yet, Aaron is perpetually the prince born on the island. Maybe all the women take turns being his birth mother and his off island mother.

I am more concerned about Ji Yeon. If either Jin or Sun get killed in a previous time on the island, will Jin Yeon fade out of existence? Ditto with Penny and Desmond, if they go back in an earlier time line and one of them should die. Will little Charlie cease to exist too?? I know what Dan Faraday says, but his conclusions are not gospel, in our universe or the Lost universe.

Laura
6 is the new 4

vickih

Post by vickih »

itsMrsB wrote:The theory of Sun taking Aaron and blackmailing Kate is interesting!

I think there is something more metaphysical going on, though. Claire was acting weird in Jacob's cabin. Kate was acting the same way. Claire left Aaron in a bull-rush or leaf, even though she loved him so much. It was so weird that she gave the baby up. So it is with Kate. She would never give up Aaron either, yet she obviously did and in a way she doesn't EVER want to talk about (as opposed to "I can't deal with talking about this now")

I think that Christian and/or Claire came and collected Aaron. The fact that Kate had no pictures of him or reminders of him with her, make me wonder if all of Aaron's things dissapeared, even the pictues he drew, to make it seem as if he never existed. Infact going back to the island he hasn't existed yet. Kate knows that to keep Aaron alive she has to give birth to him on the island - probably with Claire delivering. In the original crash Aaron was not a passanger in his own right. The dead person and the unborn child who travel together on the island are both "raised" from the dead upon arrival at the island. Remember, Aaron probably died during the Oceanic crash. Claire didn't feel him for several days = until she ate some of Jin's fish (someone ought to tell Juliet about this.). Then the baby moved and soon after Jack saw Christian.

I think that while the Losties and island people keep playing different roles in some eternal island saga or game we don't know yet, Aaron is perpetually the prince born on the island. Maybe all the women take turns being his birth mother and his off island mother.

I am more concerned about Ji Yeon. If either Jin or Sun get killed in a previous time on the island, will Jin Yeon fade out of existence? Ditto with Penny and Desmond, if they go back in an earlier time line and one of them should die. Will little Charlie cease to exist too?? I know what Dan Faraday says, but his conclusions are not gospel, in our universe or the Lost universe.

Laura
This whole time travel thing is making my head spin.

But why did you think that Kate had no pictures or reminders of Aaron? I have only watched this episode once so i might have forgot something. Can you explain? Thanks.

420brownie

Post by 420brownie »

May not be the most interesting theory, but I think she gave him to Claire's mom. It makes sense, and I think it would be a relatively easy thing to do. I hated the line though about never asking about Aaron again. I guess it's to help us get a sense for how much pain Kate is in about giving him up, but it seems like an unrealistic thing to ask. Plus, he's Jack's nephew, technically more family to him than to Kate.

Return to “5x06: 316”