EFFING AWESOME!

riothero

EFFING AWESOME!

Post by riothero »

I loved it!

paul in vegas

Re: EFFING AWESOME!

Post by paul in vegas »

ditto. this season has exceeded all expectations. i am so happy. just a little annoyed with having to wait 2 weeks. leave it to damon and carlton not to keep a promise... but that shouldnt overshadow an excellent episode.

riothero

Post by riothero »

i haven't really thought all that much about why i liked it, but i feel compelled to elaborate. while i am a huge fan of the show's mythology, i regret that i am often willing to overlook, say, dreadful writing, as long as some of the island's mysteries are revealed. i guess i just think this episode was extremely "well balanced".

Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

two weeks??

paul in vegas

Post by paul in vegas »

yes, stephen, 2 weeks. i also heard last night on joshmeister's live podcast that they may do the 2 week break again in april... grrrr...

David3

Post by David3 »

paul in vegas wrote:yes, stephen, 2 weeks. i also heard last night on joshmeister's live podcast that they may do the 2 week break again in april... grrrr...
There will be no episode on either 3/11 or 4/22. They're going 1 off, 5 on, 1 of 4 on.

paul in vegas

Post by paul in vegas »

lovely

420brownie

Post by 420brownie »

Agreed- another awesome episode. I was glad to see that the island losties actually exprienced three years of time from the time that Locke left. I was beginning to think that somehow all the flash jumping was going to somehow account for the three years.

I also really liked the Sawyer and Alpert scene- awesome that Sawyer didn't beat around the bush with the 1954 encounter. Got Alpert's attention really fast.

And my brain starts hurting when I think about young versions of Sawyer, Jin, Juliette, etc. running around off the island during this time period.

Jen

Post by Jen »

paul in vegas wrote:yes, stephen, 2 weeks. i also heard last night on joshmeister's live podcast that they may do the 2 week break again in april... grrrr...
Well I hope we're still going to get a 4 hour LLD...

tikkachic

Post by tikkachic »

You know, I really thought the Three Years Later/Three Years Ago thing was going to get old, but I think they did it pretty well and it added to the suspense.

So, I really thought I'd hate Sawiette/Julyer, but I think it kinda makes sense. They are both great liars, a little sketchy, but have big hearts. Jate is just mean and full of themselves. They can have a little mean Jate baby and name him Christian. Lost.

vickih

Post by vickih »

tikkachic wrote:You know, I really thought the Three Years Later/Three Years Ago thing was going to get old, but I think they did it pretty well and it added to the suspense.

So, I really thought I'd hate Sawiette/Julyer, but I think it kinda makes sense. They are both great liars, a little sketchy, but have big hearts. Jate is just mean and full of themselves. They can have a little mean Jate baby and name him Christian. Lost.

Well I agree. Kate didn't even want to come back to the island and save Sawyer. When Sawyer jumped out of the helicopter in S4 finale. He did it b/c he cared. She could care less. Kate seems to have the philosophy "Love the one your with". Jack thinks he saved Kate but it was Sawyer who really saved them by lightening the load on the heli.

Perry

Post by Perry »

tikkachic wrote:You know, I really thought the Three Years Later/Three Years Ago thing was going to get old, but I think they did it pretty well and it added to the suspense.
I just thought it was a bit weird that they showed us Juliet in a Three Years Later scene and then they put in the "emotional" scene with Sawyer and her, as she contemplates leaving the island on the submarine, when we just saw that she does stay.

David3

Post by David3 »

Perry wrote:
I just thought it was a bit weird that they showed us Juliet in a Three Years Later scene and then they put in the "emotional" scene with Sawyer and her, as she contemplates leaving the island on the submarine, when we just saw that she does stay.
I think they probably just wanted to show us why she would stay and not jump at a chance to leave the island. They also wanted to shows us the beginnings of a Sawyer/Juliet realtionship.

Return to “5x08: LaFleur”