Another round of "Name That Baby"

David3

Another round of "Name That Baby"

Post by David3 »

Another episode, another baby. WTF? So, is Horace and Amy's baby someone we know? Let's see...we have Male, 27-28 years old. It's Charlie Fucking Pace! No, not really. At least I hope not. I read a theory that it was Ethan, but I don't think Ethan was 27 when the Losties killed him.

Speaking of kids, the red-headed kid Daniel thought was Charlotte seems to be to old to atcually be Charlotte. The little girl looks to be about 2 years old in 1974. That would put her being born 7 years prior to her supposed birthdate of 7/2/79. Unless Ben was flat out wrong and Charlotte just played it off, then that really shouldn't be Charlotte.

David3

Re: Another round of "Name That Baby"

Post by David3 »

I heard an interview with the actress that plays Amy. She said she knows who the baby is, but isn't allowed to say. So, apparently this is supposed to be a thing. As I said before the person should only be 27 in 2004...unless of course the person has been doing a bit of time traveling, in that case it could be pretty much anyone outside of Locke, Ben, Aaron, Ji Yeon, or Charlie Hume (each of whom we saw born).

riothero

Post by riothero »

David, you're assuming that Sawyer and Juliet's intervention in saving Amy from the Others did not alter the course of history. Think about it: Both Miles and Dan were warning Sawer and Juliet not to intervene, so the fact they saved her life is probably significant. The Others were basically going to either rape Amy or kill her. This means that the child to whom Amy gives birth was either not supposed to have been born at all, or, the baby's daddy would have been an Other, rather than Horace. In the latter case, it's possible that the baby is Ethan, but that's just one option and I'm not so sure. My guess is that the baby is either unimportant or a character we haven't yet met. Good thread!

David3

Post by David3 »

I think the way Lost's time travel works is that what we see happen is the way that it always happens. Their actions aren't changing the past, their actions are created the only past that ever existed. In othet words, Sawyer and Juliet always saved Amy. She always had the baby. Whether or not the baby is important is anyone's guess.

riothero

Post by riothero »

David, thank you for reminding me about the rules for time traveling on the show. Nevertheless, I am beginning to become skeptical about whether, in fact, nothing can be "changed". Claude and Justin have pointed out that, of course, things can be "changed," only it never actually counts as "change". Still don't know about that baby though.

brodieman3847

Post by brodieman3847 »

About the rules of time traveling in the lost world, remember that Daniel, in a flash, knocked on the swan station's back door to tell Desmond to find Daniel's mother at Oxford(I think), anyway he changed the past/future because we saw Desmond wake up and suddenly remember the incident.

riothero

Post by riothero »

Brodieman, yes, that's precisely one major reason why I've come to question whether the "rules" are rules for the LOST writers, or "rules" that are made to be broken. In fact, Dan himself confirms the latter:
FARADAY: You're the only person who can help us because, Desmond... the rules... the rules don't apply to you. You're special. You're uniquely and miraculously special.
http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Rul ... ime_travel

vickih

Post by vickih »

David3 wrote:I heard an interview with the actress that plays Amy. She said she knows who the baby is, but isn't allowed to say. So, apparently this is supposed to be a thing. As I said before the person should only be 27 in 2004...unless of course the person has been doing a bit of time traveling, in that case it could be pretty much anyone outside of Locke, Ben, Aaron, Ji Yeon, or Charlie Hume (each of whom we saw born).
I probably read the same article. Below are some questions and answers from the character that plays Amy. Some might consider this spoilerish so i covered it up.

Spoiler of TVguild question and answer with the character who plays Amy...Spoiler
TVGuide.com: Do we know who the father is?
Aylesworth: Following that [first episode], you do find out who the father is.

TVGuide.com: Might Amy be giving birth to someone… “special”?
Aylesworth: I will say yes, it’s a special person. And you eventually find out who — but not in that first episode.

TVGuide.com: Might the castaways not want Amy to give birth to this special person?
Aylesworth: They don’t know at this point who… well, what the stakes are. My character really draws them into a new world, I will say that. That’s mainly what she is for, taking them to that point where they have to decide [about interfering].

TVGuide.com: This week is a Sawyer-centric episode. How so?
Aylesworth: Most of my interaction is with Sawyer. Throughout the episode, all the characters at this point in time debate about whether to interfere with the past or not — and what the consequences might be.

TVGuide.com: Josh Holloway is clean-shaven in these new episodes. Does Sawyer clean up upon seeing pretty Amy?
Aylesworth: Ha! Um, OK, that’s a loaded question. No… It’s something a little more unexpected. This episode’s really exciting because it takes many unexpected turns. The end of this episode is really cool. just having read it; I don’t know how they filmed it.

spoiler pertaining to her answers to TVGuide...
Spoiler
She said that we would find out who the father is following the first episode (I guess she means the episode "Nameste" which follows the first episode she is in) and that the baby is someone special. So that could mean that Horace might not be the father. If he isn't then who could be? Also who is this special baby?

This is a light spoiler.
Spoiler
If you know who the real father is and the special baby then please cover it with the spoiler cover. Please point out that this is a high priority spoiler.
I do not know who this baby is. so my answer is just a guess at this point. But i wonder if the baby could be Keamy? Spoiler
Only because she mentioned they might want to interfer. Which could mean that it is someone who causes them harm?? Maybe

420brownie

Post by 420brownie »

brodieman3847 wrote:About the rules of time traveling in the lost world, remember that Daniel, in a flash, knocked on the swan station's back door to tell Desmond to find Daniel's mother at Oxford(I think), anyway he changed the past/future because we saw Desmond wake up and suddenly remember the incident.
True, but we've also been told that Desmond is special.

David3

Post by David3 »

Listening to the podcast and I'm at the part where Claude and Justin are talking about Horace building Jacob's cabin. Back in "Cabin Fever," Horace says, "Oh, building a place--a little getaway for me and the missus. No, I mean, sometimes you need a break from the D.I., y'know? The DHARMA Initiative?"

Assuming that "the missus" is Amy, then maybe their child is Jacob. It really doesn't make much sense and it doesn't explain why Richard knew of Jacob in 1954, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

Another thing about this same scene with Horace, a few weeks back on the Official podcast, Damon and Carlton insinuated that the purge didn't happen when everyone thinks it did. They suggested that it was possiblly prior to 1992. Well, in this same scene with Horace he says, "that's probably because I've been dead for 12 years." He says this in 2004. We know he died in the purge. That would seem to "nail home" that the purge did in fact happen in 1992.

David3

Post by David3 »

According to TV Guide, the identity of the baby is one of the following four people...
Spoiler
Ethan
Desmond
Jacob
Faraday

Based on the fact that whoever it is should only be 27 in 2004, means that none of them make sense to me. The actors that play Ethan, Desmond, and Faraday are all about 10 years too old. I just can't believe them as 27 year olds. Alpert seemed to know about Jacob back in 1954. That would seem to count him out.

Return to “5x08: LaFleur”