The LOST Complaint Department

Discuss the show...
muttonboy

The LOST Complaint Department

Post by muttonboy »

(Maybe this should have its own section in the forum?)

I got some beefs with LOST as of late (mostly realized while listening to the podcasts).

1. The WRITERS must know that there is a large amount of fans who dissect this show, and the fact that they use names again because they "like" them (ie, Lapidus) is insulting. It is like being spit on...

2. 'Meet Kevin Johnson' could have been awesome. (There, I said it.) IF ONLY the writers (or maybe I mean DIRECTORS?) were creative!? I mean, if Michael really can't die because of the island, then test that for us: have him slit his throat with a knife or hold 100lbs of concrete and jump in the river. Be CREATIVE and show us how the island fends off this. Hell, even having Mike NOT cut his throat could show that the island controls his mind and stops him from doing so. The car crash and dead bullets was pretty lame. I just can't get over it...even though I LOVE the idea that he can't die because of the island. (To me Mike didn't pull off his desperate situation like Jack did in Season 3 Finale.)

3. Walt is at home with Grandma? Yeah, that's exactly what I expected...AHH! (I'll watch other shows if I want to see what I expect to see!) Come on Writers: put Walt in a crazy Dickens-like orphanage or something, put him on Skid Row even.

(Alright, so I admit that I just want every shot of every episode to be mind blowing...BUT they have, what, eight writers who are employed full-time to do nothing but write LOST episodes? And, frankly, they're not writing novels here: they are "just" coming up with ideas and putting some talkin' to those ideas! Now, I'm not belittling the craft - I'm an author, so I know how hard it can be sometimes - but I just think they could do better because they DID do better before. I know, I know, they're starting towards wrapping it all up...but come on, put some effort into it guys and gals!) Which brings me to number 4:

4. Don't kill off Karl and (maybe) Danielle so melodramatically (or do I mean 'expectedly'!) You can have the same outcome and the same situation with bullets flying, actors freaking out, and chaos...

Help me out here...am I losing faith in LOST or I am just jones'n for the good ol' days?

UGH!

Any others?

vickih

Re: The LOST Complaint Department

Post by vickih »

i have to admit that the several of the last episodes in Season 3 were fabulous. Most of this seasons shows were great but some were a bit drawn out. I am not giving up hope that this season of Lost will get back into the swing of things.
But the final 5 episodes need to be incredible.

muttonboy

Post by muttonboy »

Don't get me wrong, overall LOST is still as good as we can get on TV...I'm just thinking that they are letting little things slip that they really should be on top of...unless they are all bored and wanted this over with last year or something...

You-Know-Who

Post by You-Know-Who »

"Half of the people can be part right all of the time,
Some of the people can be all right part of the time,
But all the people can't be all right all the time.
I think Abraham Lincoln said that."

- Bob Dylan, Talkin' World War III Blues

Return to “About Lost”