So It Begins (spoilers for #13)

Discuss the show...
Perry

So It Begins (spoilers for #13)

Post by Perry »

Looks as though Smokey could be "commanding" Vincent and not actually BE Vincent. All the weird things that Vincent does could now mean he has been told by Smokey to help or to test different people.
Any thoughts?
That Missing Pieces episode sort of puts a hole in Claude's Vincent/Smokey theory, unless Smokey is going crazy, creating multiple forms at the same time and talking to itself.

riothero

Re: So It Begins

Post by riothero »

I wasn't expecting any true 'spoilers' from these mobisodes, but it looks as though we have stumbled upon one. And what a mighty big 'spoiler' this is! In my opinion, it's almost too big to be trusted. Maybe its time to figure out whether these mobisodes are really 'canon' before we begin speculating about the significance of this reveal.

Hold back speculation? Who am I kidding? Let's see... Before I agree with you, Perry, I first have to ask why you think ... Smokey has anything to do with this latest episode? I'm not 100% sure that Smokey is the character "commanding" Vincent. I don't want to be the first to use the other character's name in this thread, but I hesitate to rule out the possibility that it could actually be ... this other character (who we thought was dead).

Perry

Re: So It Begins (spoilers for #13)

Post by Perry »

Umm well unless he was given some of Claire's blood, I'm taking the stance that once we see them in a morgue, they're dead.
Don't try and tell me it's a fake body double, or he was in a coma and someone put white makeup on him to fool people.
I know Lostpedia has his status as "Uncertain", but I think he's dead.

riothero

Post by riothero »

The body in the morgue was obv. Smokey. Duh.

Justin
Site Admin

Post by Justin »

I think he's dead. We've seen other dead people on the island: Boone, Yemi, the bad guys from Eko's flashback, Ben's mother.

Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

I like the theory that he was knocked out because he had been bitten by a medusa spider, which can even fool doctors.

Perry

Post by Perry »

If he was bitten by a medusa spider, surely by the time they found his body in the alley plus the time it took Jack to go to the morgue it would have worn off. Nah, he's dead.

Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

Perry wrote:If he was bitten by a medusa spider, surely by the time they found his body in the alley plus the time it took Jack to go to the morgue it would have worn off. Nah, he's dead.
I mean to say that he was in cahoots with many of his medical colleagues, and perhaps the Others' seemingly endless resources. If they have access to an ambulance in Florida, surely they have connections in Sydney too.

But we saw the Others' reactions to the crash in the season three premiere, so to me that would rule them out. Maybe the second faction of Others or Dharma folk? Maybe Christian's casket was specially made so it was like one of those devices you have to make in school that holds an egg and it must survive being dropped from the roof, only the roof is the plane and the egg is Christian.

paul in vegas

Post by paul in vegas »

don't forget carlton and damon's assertion that once a character is dead, they're really dead. the morgue scene seems to solidify this.

redscarf

Post by redscarf »

I still think Christian (yeah, I said it) is dead. That webisode kinda blew my mind though. But yeah, there's no way he's alive.

I don't know that it's Smokey either. I feel like he wouldn't waste his smoke powers if no one was there to see it.

riothero

Post by riothero »

Why are you all so ready to abandon Claude's theory instead of trying to make it work? Here's a ridiculous interpretation of the mobisode: It's not that Smokey, in the guise of Christian, is commanding Vincent, but rather, it is Christian (who's very much alive) who is commanding Smokey, in the guise of Vincent. So we keep Claude's theory about Vincent being Smokey (or vice-versa) and learn that Christian is a powerful man who exercises control over the island, commanding both Smokey and Vincent to run errands for him. He's such a powerful man, in fact, that he is able to rise from the dead, or perhaps, still be dead, but at the same time continues to manifest himself... as a ghost! Ehh... maybe not.

Return to “About Lost”