Jacob and Jacob's people.

Discuss the show...
tikkachic

Jacob and Jacob's people.

Post by tikkachic »

Had a couple of random theories about Jacob and The Others list and The Others:

I think that John is another Alpert. Alpert, at one point, was resurrected and is now an emissary of the island. However, they aren't the true leaders. I believe that Jack is actually the next Jacob and that John was resurrected to guide him to this place, just as Alpert originally guided Jacob. Maybe the way that John can "help" Jacob is by allowing Jack to take his place.

Back in "Shape of Things to Come", Ben thought Alex wouldn’t be killed because Others can’t kill Jacob’s people and this was “changing the rules to him”. However, in a later scene, Widmore said that Ben killed Alex because Ben acted out of favor with Jacob and THIS led to Alex’s death

Widmore and Ben can’t kill each other because they are both Jacob’s people. As a child, we see that Ben was expressly saved by Jacob

Charlie had to die no matter what Desmond did to save him because he killed Ethan…one of Jacob’s people (was allowed to be born on the island and saved from the purge). In the same way, Anna Lucia was doomed for killing Goodwin.

Haven't seen the latest episode, so apologies if this has already been refuted.

David3

Re: Jacob and Jacob's people.

Post by David3 »

Jacob's List made me think about a ridiculous dream recently.

I dreamt that the Jacob (yes, I occasionally dream about Lost) could see everyone on the island and the people who ended up on his list were people who had material possesions that he coveted. Once people on the list were brought to Jacob, he would steal their stuff.

Apparently my dreams occasionally mirror that of an eight-year-old.

Mystery solved.

Jen

Re: Jacob and Jacob's people.

Post by Jen »

David3 wrote:Jacob's List made me think about a ridiculous dream recently.

I dreamt that the Jacob (yes, I occasionally dream about Lost) could see everyone on the island and the people who ended up on his list were people who had material possesions that he coveted. Once people on the list were brought to Jacob, he would steal their stuff.

Apparently my dreams occasionally mirror that of an eight-year-old.

Mystery solved.
that would explain sawyer, kate, and hurley-- all horders of things.
i used to have dreams that intertwined the characters and plots of lost and bsg. it was a really intense period of my life.

Return to “About Lost”