Final Thoughts...

Discuss the show...
Claude
Site Admin

Final Thoughts...

Post by Claude »

Is anyone else really anxious? I feel like we're counting down to liftoff. Point of no return. There will be everything before Lost, and then everything after Lost. And we're on the point in between.

I don't have much to do until he finale, so I'm rewatching (what I can) of season 6.

Noticed Jack gets one bottle of Vodka in the flash-sideways, and two bottles in the original timeline from the pilot, where he uses the extra as a first aid supply on the island. It's like in the flash-sideways, he wasn't going to need the extra bottle, so *that* universe didn't give it to him. Hmm...

Claude
Site Admin

Re: Final Thoughts...

Post by Claude »

How the island got underwater will be really important. It's the last thing you see in the LAX teaser, and they've not said anything remotely related since. Is Jughead did it the best answer?

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

Something that I think may have failed to be discussed in the hoopla of the candidate stuff is what role, if any, did Jacob play with the events of the incident. Is he aware a nuke was set off on his island? An event which actually sent some people to the future.

Jacob knew where Jack woke up on the island, surely he has to be aware of these events, right? I mean the Losties at least deserve a pat on the back, yet he never said anything.

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

What zapped the Losties off of 316? Jacob or the light?

Jacob describes MIB as "an old friend who grew tired of my company." Why didn't he just say "my brother"? That's how mystery works.

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

LA X
Swan Hatch

Juliet regains conciseness and mutters to James about getting coffee, going dutch. James then gets her attention, "It's me." She then snaps to, as if from a trance, and then tells James to kiss her. Then, she tells James she has something important to say, which is that "it worked."

They were foreshadowing the importance of physical touch in connection to realizing the other side even in the premiere! Just like Desmond touching Penny, Juliet flashes to other side briefly, verifying the feeling she had after being unconscious.

WOW.

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

Locke (in Black) told Richard "people seldom get a second chance."
Guess that explains why the Smokey Express railroaded Richard without even a word.

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

Did we ever figure out why MIB couldn't kill Richard? Or the Candidates?

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

What are you guys doing to pass the time until the finale?

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

Sayid stabbed MIB with his own knife! That's gotta have some cosmic irony.

TheRadioTower

Post by TheRadioTower »

Claude wrote:What zapped the Losties off of 316? Jacob or the light?
I think they confirmed it either in the podcast or in one of the interviews that the reason some of the Losties ended up in the 70s was due to the fact that they were not able to recreate the conditions of the crash closely enough and as Ms Hawkings had said that the results would be unpredictable if they weren't able to do so. Some of the losties ending up in the 70s was a result of this unpredictability.
Claude wrote:What are you guys doing to pass the time until the finale?
My roommate has invited her family over for dinner. I'm helping her cook

TheRadioTower

Post by TheRadioTower »

I saw this on facebook. All 121 episodes of LOST ranked http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtra ... yment.html The Constant has to be the most overrated episode in the history of LOST.

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

TheRadioTower wrote:I saw this on facebook. All 121 episodes of LOST ranked http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtra ... yment.html The Constant has to be the most overrated episode in the history of LOST.

We will have to discuss this on the podcast!

Vince

Post by Vince »

Claude, Justin, & Everyone - here we go! I am also very anxious. GF and I are wound up like crazy. We ate fried chicken (dedicated to Hurley), mangoes, tacos (per Kate), and we accidentally burned our fish biscuits (fate ala Juliet?). Anyway, looking forward tonight. Dreading tonight. Watching the retrospective.

I wanna say thanks to you for this whole LLD experience. Have fun! Thanks and Namaste. And Good Luck!

erica

Post by erica »

I just want to thank you guys for the best podcast ever. I am looking forward to the full final podcast.

Return to “About Lost”