Would Dan have still come to the island?

David3

Would Dan have still come to the island?

Post by David3 »

Justin questioned whether Dan and Jack were correct or not in their reasoning that preventing the incident would not only prevent the crash, but prevent Dan from coming to the island.

I think what they were trying to tell us is Widmore was able to find the island because of the plane crash, or more specifically because Desmond didn't press the button. Widmore may have been monitoring electro-magnetic anaomalies the same way Penny was. He probably caught it when the plane crash happened (the one Penny's guys missed). He realized the plane crash was related to the island and that's why he staged the freckage. To keep people away from the island.

It also may have been turning the failsafe key that helped Widmore find the island.

Either way the incident led the Widmore eventually being able to find the island and that's why preventing it would prevent Dan from ending up there.

Having said all that, I don't think it's possible to prevent the incident, unless they're going to introduce alternate dimensions, etc. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

TheRadioTower

Re: Would Dan have still come to the island?

Post by TheRadioTower »

The only reason Dan was able to come to that island was because Jack made that phone call which allowed the freighter to pinpoint the location of the island. If losties did not land, Naomi would have died as soon as she crashed. the others would have probably confiscated the sat phone and there would be no one to call the freighter and Dan would have never arrived on the island.

Justin
Site Admin

Post by Justin »

Good points all. I'm not saying he definitely would come to the island without the plane crash, I'm just saying it's not 100% clear that he wouldn't. The circumstances would have to be different.

David3

Post by David3 »

Justin wrote:Good points all. I'm not saying he definitely would come to the island without the plane crash, I'm just saying it's not 100% clear that he wouldn't. The circumstances would have to be different.
True. If Widmore had found any other way to the island. Most likely Dan would have been along for the ride.

Return to “5x15: Follow the Leader”