Putting The Pieces Togther

The penultimate finale.
David3

Putting The Pieces Togther

Post by David3 »

Putting all my thoughts into thread...

This is what I think is going on:

Jacob has the ability to bring people to the island. He acts as a god to them, but gives them free will to make their own choices and control their destiny. He wishes for them to live on the island peacefully.

Mr. Loophole's job, as the smoke monster, is to judge people that come to the island. He destroys those deemed unworthy. He doesn't think it's possible for people to come and live peacefully. “They come, they fight, they destroy, they corrupt.” He's tired of Jacob bringing people to the island and wants to kill Jacob to end it all.

Mr. Loophole needs a loophole in order to kill Jacob. For whatevrer reason, he's unable to do it himself. At some point he discovers the loophole. I think he needs a former or current leader of the island to do it. (This could explain why leaders are banished from the island when a new leader is picked.)

Jacob knows what the loophole is and sets a plan in place in case Mr. Loophole ever discovers it. He visits several members of Oceanic 815 including Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Sayid, Hurley, Jin, Sun, and Locke. In each case he makes sure to physical touch the person. He's setting up his future plan.

Jacob brings 815 to the island setting in motion the events we've seen for the last 5 seasons. Mr. Loophole has been working on Locke since season 1, first as the smoke monster, then as Christian, putting him in a position that Ben will one day listen to Locke when he tells Ben to kill Jacob.

Back in 1977...the incident always invloved a nuclear detonation. There was no change. Richard tells Sun that he saw Jack, Kate, Hurley, Jin, etc. die. He saw the nuclear explosion kill people surrounding the area. As far down as the detonation happened, it wouldn't have had a huge effect on the surface, just in the immediate surrounding area, where the losties were. Richard assumes they were all killed because they were gone, but I think the truth is Jacob brought them back to 2007 not only saving them, but somehow foiling Mr. Loophole's loophole. When Jacob told Focke that "they're coming," i think he means those from 1977. Focke seemed upset as if he knew his plan was spoiled and angrily kicked Jacob into the fire.

We never saw Jacob visit or touch Juliet or Miles, so they may be out of luck. They were brought to the island by other people, not Jacob, so they weren't part of the plan.

I think the next season will bring everyone to the present time and the war will begin.

Silentbob

Re: Putting The Pieces Togther

Post by Silentbob »

Great theory. pretty much said what i just wrote 10 minutes ago, but better.
Silentbob wrote:ok, so after i watched the episode, i picked apart that scene with mr. loophole and jacob. it was very cryptic, but what i got from it goes into my following theory.

mr. loophole = smokey = the island = pseudo-locke = pseudo-alex, and maybe = christian, and is in direct conflict with jacob. jacob believes in humanity similar to the philosophers locke or calvin. he wants man to reach the island and see the beauty and glory of the power it beholds.he is peaceful, benevolent, and helpful. mr loophole hates humanity, and believes that they will all lead towards greed, corruption, and destruction, and could be compared to philosophers Rousseau and Hobbes. he wants to keep the island away from humanity, in fear if it being destroyed by their greed. he is violent, rude, and an elitist. both have valid points, but they have been fighting over who is right for who knows how long. keep in mind that my knowledge of Renaissance philosophers comes mostly from hazy high school memories and unsure recollections of wikipedia articles past, but i'm pretty sure the lost writers have a similar thing in mind. they do have a love for renaissance philosophers.

Mr loophole has been trying to find a...well...loophole to get jacob killed, and has finally found it in locke. he has been laying the seeds since possibly the 70s, and it has finally come to fruition. i have to go back and look, but i'm pretty sure mr loophole is christian, and he does not speak on the behalf of jacob. he has been fooling locke all along, and specifically telling how to go about his plan. my main proof that christian is NOT jacob, and IS mr loophole is that he agreed when real locke told him that he will have to die, which obviously, he really didn't, and loophole's whole scheme is predicated on locke's death. also, he wanted locke to move the island, to protect it from man.

to combat loophole's plan, jacob has been constantly following all the 815ers, trying to help them prevent his death. i guess it didn't work...i'm not really sure. but now that jacob is dead, i think smokey/loophole is going to try and basically kill off all the humans, enslave them, or get them to leave. not really sure. i'm pretty sure the whole judgement stuff is bullshit, but if it isn't, loophole only wants to allow the purest of heart onto the island.
oh, and i love the Focke thing. i thought it was a typo at first. but I love it. i called him pseudo locke.

FYI one more topic in the lost lowdown board, and there will be 420 total topics. time to celebrate!

Perry

Post by Perry »

David3 wrote: We never saw Jacob visit or touch Juliet or Miles, so they may be out of luck. They were brought to the island by other people, not Jacob, so they weren't part of the plan.
Well I don't think Miles is completely ruled out, although I have a feeling Juliet will be gone. (I think an RIP is in order)
I say this because I don't think they will just leave Vincent in 1977.
We have the information from Damon & Carlton that Vincent is the only one they can confirm will not die, and I think to have him stuck in 1977 would be crappy, though what does a dog know. I think he should meet back with Walt at the end of it all.
I think the writers have had enough with Rose and Bernard, and they'll live happily together for a while until they die in those caves. Gotta be like 95% sure they will be Adam and Eve.

Perry

Post by Perry »

lol, I never realised this but...

"...the producers promised an anagram in the episode NOT IN PORTLAND as a clue to that mystery. "Only fools are enslaved by time and space" (of the room 23 video) can be re-arranged to form the phrase: "bones of Nadlers may lay lost deep in cave"."

Now if that's not a guarantee, I don't know what is.

David3

Post by David3 »

Perhaps Jacob visited the dog. Maybe the dog is Jacob.

David3

Post by David3 »

Perry wrote:lol, I never realised this but...

"...the producers promised an anagram in the episode NOT IN PORTLAND as a clue to that mystery. "Only fools are enslaved by time and space" (of the room 23 video) can be re-arranged to form the phrase: "bones of Nadlers may lay lost deep in cave"."

Now if that's not a guarantee, I don't know what is.
This, of course, reveals one very important fact: Jack is a poor judge of decaying clothes.

Return to “5x16: The Incident”