Widmore and Jacob?

The penultimate finale.
Perry

Widmore and Jacob?

Post by Perry »

If you trust Ben's word (lol), and the driver that killed Nadia was with Widmore, then that is clear that Widmore is with Jacob, since he clearly knew that van was gonna hit her.
So just as long as Ben wasn't lying, and that wasn't Mr. Loophole as Jacob (doesn't make sense for this to be the case), then they're in cahoots.
Aaaaaaaah! So many leaders there are tood many things to think about. This will take some time. Hopefully Claude n Justin go through it for a couple of hours, lol.
Let's see...
Island, Smokey, Jacob, Mr. Loophole, Widmore, Ben, Alpert, Eloise, Ilana n Bram's crew, Vincent.
Justin, you do probability, give us a number of combinations of teams, assuming 2 or 3 sides. lol
I haven't done this yet obviously, but I think a detailed analysis of past events is necessary. I'm looking at you David3.

kalista861

Re: Widmore and Jacob?

Post by kalista861 »

I don't think Widmore is on Jacob's side. In 'Some like it hoth' Bram met up with Miles to tell him not to work with Widmore. He claimed that he should come with Bram and his crew with Ilana because they were the ones who were going to win. Which leaves me to believe he thinks Widmore is one of the bad guys. He told miles that working with Widmore was working for the wrong team. Since Ilana seems to be working for Jacob and with Bram I trust him to know which side is which.

Perry

Post by Perry »

Strange though, cos Jacob definitely setup Nadia to die there. I won't believe that was some sort of coincidence.

SMOKEMONSTER

Post by SMOKEMONSTER »

I'm not sure that Jacob really setup Nadia to die as much as he saved Sayid from also dying. It looked to me like Sayid would have been there crossing the street with Nadia if Jacob hadn't stopped him to ask directions. Could well have been that the drivers were actually targeting Sayid (with disregard for Nadia), and ended up only killing Nadia because Jacob intervened.

Perry

Post by Perry »

SMOKEMONSTER wrote:I'm not sure that Jacob really setup Nadia to die as much as he saved Sayid from also dying. It looked to me like Sayid would have been there crossing the street with Nadia if Jacob hadn't stopped him to ask directions. Could well have been that the drivers were actually targeting Sayid (with disregard for Nadia), and ended up only killing Nadia because Jacob intervened.
errr, no. sorry. ur wrong.
Clearly Jacob was standing at the corner and knew what was coming. Plus he could have easily saved both of them. I dun wanna hear about her needing to die so Sayid would eventually get on 316, so he figured he'd let someone else kill her anyway.
Jacob was in on it.

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

Sayid "wasn't supposed to leave the island," and Jacob obviously wants him back. Sayid wouldn't decide to go back over being with Nadia, so I can imagine that Jacob knew she'd have to die. Jacob specifically says "Excuse me, sir" catching Sayid's attention, and not Nadia's. I like the idea that the car would have killed Sayid also (thought I don't think it would have) but I don't see why Widmore would order Sayid to be killed.

To me the strange thing is that Nadia's death leads Sayid to work for Ben, killing "Widmore's guys," then Jacob seemingly has Illana catch Sayid under the pretense of justice for the Avalino family. It's a very long and complex route to get Sayid back to the island.

Much like Juliett's ex husband's bus-death, I think Jacob engineered the situation that would get his target to the island. So, yes, Jacob killed Nadia. Ben tells Sayid it was Widmore, either knowing he was wrong, or he was just guessing it was Widmore.

Perry

Post by Perry »

Yeh, now that I think about it more, Ben would say that, just to get what he wants. After all, lying is what he does, he said it himself.

Return to “5x16: The Incident”