Ben = unredeemable?

The penultimate finale.
TheRadioTower

Ben = unredeemable?

Post by TheRadioTower »

I had forgiven Ben for killing Locke as Locke was still alive and better then ever. But now that he is dead and Ben also killed Jacob, he has gone beyond redemption. There is nothing he can ever do to redeem himself. I always had a hope that Ben was doing what he was doing for the greater good but now it is apparent that that is not the case. I hope he dies a slow and painful death, I will relish in watching him suffer. If that character is still alive by the series finale then fuck you Damon and Carlton you sadistic sons of bitches.

FeFeMartini

Re: Ben = unredeemable?

Post by FeFeMartini »

See I like Ben more. Locke was such a bitch ever since season 2 started, it isn't even surprising to me that awesome locke wasn't even locke. I'm sort of glad locke is dead. He'll never be season one locke again :(

And Jacob was kind of a dick, I'd have killed him too :-P

Perry

Post by Perry »

That's pretty funny. We all thought, wow all it took for Locke to become S1 Locke was dying, but no, it wasn't him. So Locke really did end up a pretty big loser. Great journey that is. Once a failure, always a failure.

David3

Post by David3 »

When Ben was healed at the temple, I assume it was Mr. Loophole/Smokey doing the healing. In that case, maybe it's Mr. Loophole/Smokey's desire to kill Jacob inside of Ben rather than his own that leads to the bad things Ben does after that. Ben could just be pawn in the long plan of setting up the loophole.

I think Jacob's encounters with the Losties was his effort to undue the loophole, so maybe if the loophole is undone, Ben can be redeemed after all. It's possible that Jacob wanted Ben to stab him. It's seems that Jacob could have easily avaoided it with a, "Ben, thanks for being patient, your time is to come, blah, blah, blah."

Perry

Post by Perry »

David3 wrote:"Ben, thanks for being patient, your time is to come, blah, blah, blah."
lol, thrilling viewing that would have been.

Return to “5x16: The Incident”