So here's a summary of what's up in this new Reset/Alternate Reality:

Hurley is the luckiest guy alive.
Rose and Bernard are good.
Cindy's peachy.
Charlie is jailed, choking on heroin.
Pilot Seth Norris is doin' just fine.
The Marshall will live.
Sawyer helps Kate with a grin.
Kate escapes, carjacks Claire &, presumably, Aaron.
Dejected Boone leaves Shannon w/ boyfriend in Australia.
Arzt is still annoying, as is Frogurt.
Desmond is in LA!
Sayid's off to Nadia.
Sun watches as Jin is detained.
Christian's corpse is LOST.
Locke can't walk but gets Jack's digits.
The Island is at the bottom of the ocean!

Meanwhile, what's up w/ these people in the Reset Reality:

Juliet?
Ben?
Michael &/or Walt?
The Tailies - Ana Lucia? Eko? Libby?
The Freighties - Miles? Faraday? Charlotte? Lapidus?
The Others??
Last edited by Vince on Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

phat_cartman

Re: Reset/Alternate Reality

Post by phat_cartman »

Arzt is still annoying, as is Frogurt.
Desmond is in LA!
Christian's corpse is LOST.
OMG I can't believe Frogurt, most annoying person on earth, is alive. I hope that means this timeline is doomed.
Jack saw Desmond briefly on the plane... that doesn't mean he's in LA.
Wow, who is Christian, really, that he ends up on the island no matter what happens?

David3

Post by David3 »

If they're going to say the bomb going off is what caused the island to end up at the bottom of the ocean, then Ben, the Dharma people, the others, Widmore, and Hawking should be dead in this alternate reality. Daniel Faraday would never have been born in this scenario. Based on that, I'm going to guess that the bomb isn't what sunk the island and that happens later in the alternate reality.

brodieman3847

Post by brodieman3847 »

A theory I thought of was that this is not an alternate reality but a "flash forward" to the end of the losties stories where they finally find a way to make it so that they never land on the island. How? I don't know. But this show has shown us flash forwards before so I think its at least possible that this could be their way of tying up the loose ends on how will the losties live out their lives if they never would have crashed without wasting the final episodes on non island mystery stuff. I just think that there is an inherient need for the viewers to see the characters stories end on a "happy" note and this is a way of providing that without wasting too much time in the last few episodes in the end of the last season. Maybe I'm wrong but what do you all think about this?

Perry

Post by Perry »

brodieman3847 wrote:A theory I thought of was that this is not an alternate reality but a "flash forward" to the end of the losties stories where they finally find a way to make it so that they never land on the island. How? I don't know. But this show has shown us flash forwards before so I think its at least possible that this could be their way of tying up the loose ends on how will the losties live out their lives if they never would have crashed without wasting the final episodes on non island mystery stuff. I just think that there is an inherient need for the viewers to see the characters stories end on a "happy" note and this is a way of providing that without wasting too much time in the last few episodes in the end of the last season. Maybe I'm wrong but what do you all think about this?
D&C have made it very clear that they knew the fans wouldn't like it if all the events of the island were effectively erased, so I don't believe this is the case.
Vince wrote:Hurley is the luckiest guy alive.
This could be explained if Hurley won the lottery without using the numbers. ie. The radio station never broadcast the numbers and Lenny never chanted them for Hurley to hear. Though not sure why this means he would win the lottery as the 4 8 15 numbers shouldn't be affected and would have been drawn so I guess he won the next week or something with different numbers.
Wonder if the deck ever collapsed and if he was ever in the institute.

Widmore et al probably survived (Island sunk later) otherwise I don't know what Desmond would be doing in Aus if not trying to prove himself. Holidaying? It could just be that he never got a boat from Libby. Although there is also the very real possibility that Desmond wasn't actually on the plane at all.

Weird that Claire was on the plane. I guess there really was a family that wanted to adopt the baby. Even though Malkin said he tricks people for a living I thought he had known she was going to crash.

Wonder if Kate, Sawyer, Sun & Jin received their Jacob touch and what effect that would have if any, even though we don't know what it did in the first place. You would think John received his as that's what seemed to revive him after his fall.

Assuming Michael and Walt not shown just because of Malcolm.

Weird that Kate and Edward are in different seats.

So much more to think about.

Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

Sun asked Jin about the money, right? Clearly it was Jin's money and Sun did not know about it. Maybe in this alternate reality it's Jin who is escaping Mr Paik, not Sun escaping Jin. This time Jin learned English, etc.

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

Stephen wrote:Sun asked Jin about the money, right? Clearly it was Jin's money and Sun did not know about it. Maybe in this alternate reality it's Jin who is escaping Mr Paik, not Sun escaping Jin. This time Jin learned English, etc.
Brilliant! That would be a great reversal!

userpjx

Post by userpjx »

Stephen wrote:Sun asked Jin about the money, right? Clearly it was Jin's money and Sun did not know about it. Maybe in this alternate reality it's Jin who is escaping Mr Paik, not Sun escaping Jin. This time Jin learned English, etc.
I hope this is true. That would be great.

Return to “6x01-02: LA X, Parts 1 and 2”