Lara

How to become the leader of the Others

Post by Lara »

So the leaders we know of are
Eloise Hawking
Charles Widmore
Ben Linus
John Locke

We don't know much about young Charles or Eloise. But there is one thing that Ben & John have in common, that is being healed by Jacob/the Island. Ben was healed when he was shot by Sayid. Richard says that if Ben is healed then 'he will always be one of us'. This could be a hint that those that are healed become next in line as the leader of the Others. Locke becomes next in line when he is able to walk after crashing on the Island. Richard hints at this when he has the conversation with John on the hillside in season 3. He says that Ben is worried because the Others think that John is very "special." This may explain why Ben tries to kill Locke so many times, he realizes that Locke is next in line for his throne. In this theory leadership is not passed over immediately, but at the time of banishment. Widmore was banished when Ben became leader and Ben states he was banished when Locke takes over. Also we don't know of Eloise being on Island once Widmore become leader.

Now for the kicker . . . . . . . . . . . .

Sayid is now the new leader of the Others!

Sayid was healed and the Others on the beach now know that Locke is dead, so once word gets back to the Temple Others, Sayid should be the leader!

CorpsesAndChaos

Re: How to become the leader of the Others

Post by CorpsesAndChaos »

does this mean he gets to take them on their usual camping trips around the island?

and, if he has to actually be a militaristic leader (its kind of fitting that the people who come off as "benevolent", are willing to execute a party of people after 15 seconds upon meeting them, and that they would take on a serial hitman/torturer as their leader. its also funny how beneath the Mr. Miyagi plant therapy and ridiculous "Sterotypes of wisdom" [the euro/american hippies, the asian martial artist, etc] are rifles in 50% of the populations hands. standard procedure even in times before Firework warnings i guess.... but back to the point:), will Sayid's really bad plans fail again like they did in seasons past? i can only hope so... for laughs.

muttonboy

Post by muttonboy »

Ouch…dude!! Did your momma name you CorpsesAndChaos, or are you a Scott/Steve nobody who rebelled as a youth and tattooed CorpsesAndChaos on your arm to stick it to the man (‘the man’ being TLLD.net – as you seem to be an anti-Lostite - and which I would have labeled as ‘The Men’, but rules-to-the-wind, eh?) I mean, really, if you’re all about dead bodies and general inarticulate mayhem then why the heck’n ya here?? You ended your quip with “will Sayid's really bad plans fail again like they did in seasons past? i can only hope so... for laughs” Geee-yuch!!! Really? You actually wrote: “i can only hope so... for laughs”. Man, I actually had to figure out how to uncapitalize the ‘i’ at that start of that quote!! Really, what I’m snapping back at you about is your "Sterotypes (sic) of wisdom" (that’s your capital ‘S’, so you do know how it works!!): I really want to side with you on this but I just can’t. I think I sense what you’re getting at, but you need to tell me more. A “stereotype” is a complicated idea: it is dipped in both fact and fiction, but is ultimately a reality of perception. The ‘stereotyper’ and the ‘stereotypee’ sort of meet in the middle, and anyway I don’t think for a second that LOST should be injected with this “stereotype” fallout: realistically, LOST has opened doors. Languages and cultures and ultimately differences (from the basic white/black to the more subtle, as we are finding out now, good/evil) have been embraced. I haven’t seen every other TV show ever aired, but I doubt there are many that have openly embraced different cultures and languages as LOST. And with all due respect, I offer my condolences for the death of your pinkies. As an outside observer I really don’t know if you’re telling the truth about your own “walkabout” or not, but I suspect you’re being sly: I mean really, how is it possible that you walked through the Australian outback – er, I mean typed a thought-out sentence on TLLD.net – without legs (re: a couple pinkie-winkies). I know this seems a juvenile attack (and it is, I just couldn't resist!), but you did start it by typing “Mr. Miyagi” (again, you used caps here, so you have access to ‘em) in this forum. Ah well…“does this mean he gets to take them on their usual camping trips around the island?” I guess so, honey … “their usual camping trips” Yup, that’s right, just lie back and relax … “the euro/american hippies” Shush, hun...(umm, what other hippies are there?) … “the asian martial artist” I know I know – but the Irish martial artists would have confounded you babe. … “are willing to execute a party of people after 15 seconds upon meeting them” … I’ve done this twice, sweetie pie, it’s all good…

Lara

Post by Lara »

Wow, I am often lackadaisical in the use of capitalization, but I never realized it was the result of lazy (or dead) pinkies.
So if Hurley can talk to dead people do you think he can talk to dead pinkies as well? I know that this may be perceived as being on the side of chaos, but dead pinkie communication is definitely something I would like to see. Though I will settle for seeing it as an extra on the DVD.

I would like to apologize in advance for any grammatical errors in my post. I did proof-read it before submitting but I certainly do not want to get on muttonboy's bad side. :)

Perry

Post by Perry »

lol, muttonboy. You shouldn't concern yourself with CorpsesAndChaos. I think all of his comments on this forum are similar in tone. I realised soon after he joined to just ignore him.

muttonboy

Post by muttonboy »

So if Hurley can talk to dead people do you think he can talk to dead pinkies as well?
How cool would that be! Hurley's all: trying to cock the gun; sneaking around the van; looking in the wrong direction; SLOWLY turning his head to see a giant baby-finger come bobbing through the foliage! "Ah, hello Hugo. I'm dead, and so the four-fingered statue-hand needs you to take a case with a note in it that will allow you to warn everyone that, yup, I'm dead, and then a guy will go: "Wha?!" and all heck'll break loose! Hugo, they'll pour ash in a circle because, jeez-Louise THEY ARE COMING and 'they' (spoilers) are the lower-case-letter brigade that only a reincarnate-pinky can fight off by leaning on a SHIFT key!!"
I would like to apologize in advance for any grammatical errors in my post.
Don't apologize, I was just fighting "ass" with "ass". In fact, i rely dont care bout gramer one bhit!!
You shouldn't concern yourself with CorpsesAndChaos. I think all of his comments on this forum are similar in tone.
I know. I just get all worked up when there's a guy at the party who's trash talking the birthday boy. I get my put'em up face on, my dictionary out, and I pick away.

Anyway, sorry for the side-track: back to LOST...

Return to “6x01-02: LA X, Parts 1 and 2”