So, my head just exploded.

Stephen
Site Admin

So, my head just exploded.

Post by Stephen »

So... Claire is giving birth off-island... and the doctor is Ethan... but says his name is Goodspeed...

Edit: Also... Claire is the new Danielle? I may have to watch this episode again.

David3

Re: So, my head just exploded.

Post by David3 »

Ethan off island is proof that the island doesn't immediately sink upon the bomb imposion. I'm guessing Dharma got off the island and maybe even some others. I wouldn't be surprised to run across some more people from 1977 in the flash sideways. It'll be interesting to see if any of the people alive on island in 1977 recognize the present day versions of the Losties, but not vice versa.

Justin
Site Admin

Post by Justin »

I would imagine Ethan was on the submarine that Sawyer/Kate/Juliet escaped from. Maybe he was recruited by the others later, and brought back to the island.

David3

Post by David3 »

I was assuming that since we saw Ethan on island at 11 years old, that he never left.

It is possible that he left and was recruited back as a kid.

It may be even more likely that, in the island universe, Horace brought Amy and Ethan back to the island after the incident and then he later joined the others.

I guess we'll need to see to someone like Ben, Widmore, or Hawking off the island to get an idea of if Jughead caused the island to sink, and if it happened right away.

How does an island sink, anyways?

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

Yeah, I'm waiting on the Popular Mechanics article that explains how an island can sink. Particularly if a nuke can do it.

If I remember correctly, we were supposed to think or we found out that Ethan received his medical training off island (like Juliet). And since there is no need for the Others (as we know them) if the island sank, I'm thinking Ethan was never recruited by the Others and probably doesn't know he was born on the island. He was waaaaay too nice to Claire. I'm like, "You just shot Locke like a few days ago!!"

I love how Dogan mentions Claire and I instantly think I understand what happened to her. And then they *show* us Claire: mind. blown. Hillbilly Claire was a surprise. Was she out shooting boar?

Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

Ohhhhhhhhhhh. So Ethan is the Goodspeed's son. My head just unexploded a little.

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

Stephen wrote:Ohhhhhhhhhhh. So Ethan is the Goodspeed's son. My head just unexploded a little.
Yeah Ethan is Horace and Amy's kid. One of my favorite Juliet moments is when she's in 1977 and picks up Amy's baby, and immediately puts him down when she finds it's Ethan.

David3

Post by David3 »

Island Claire has become the new Danielle. I'm waiting for her to say, "those temple people are liars, and they'll lie for a long time. Just when you think they're done lieing, they'll lie again."

userpjx

Post by userpjx »

David3 wrote:Island Claire has become the new Danielle. I'm waiting for her to say, "those temple people are liars, and they'll lie for a long time. Just when you think they're done lieing, they'll lie again."
They really haven't done much to counter this claim. There's just something about the Others and lying. They just love it.

David3

Post by David3 »

userpjx wrote:
David3 wrote:Island Claire has become the new Danielle. I'm waiting for her to say, "those temple people are liars, and they'll lie for a long time. Just when you think they're done lieing, they'll lie again."
They really haven't done much to counter this claim. There's just something about the Others and lying. They just love it.
Others 101

Perry

Post by Perry »

David3 wrote:I was assuming that since we saw Ethan on island at 11 years old, that he never left.

It is possible that he left and was recruited back as a kid.
I'm not sure but I think you're confusing timelines.
We saw Ethan on the Island in the original timeline. Him in the hospital with Claire is the alternate, where he most definitely never went back to the island. Unless ofcourse you're trying to theorise with the timelines together.

Return to “6x03: What Kate Does”