Don't Tell Me Where I Can't Park!

riothero

Don't Tell Me Where I Can't Park!

Post by riothero »

http://lostpedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Sub ... ity_Errors
Hurley's Hummer was parked too close to Locke's van, which would not have allowed Hurley enough room to exit his vehicle from the driver's side door.
Error or Lost Mystery?

David3

Re: Don't Tell Me Where I Can't Park!

Post by David3 »

"I didn't think of that."

Stephen
Site Admin

Post by Stephen »

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this. I used to work at this store that was a bit on the sketchy side. The only slightly wheelchair accessibly entrance is on the side. So one day this guy who drives a van just like Locke's comes by and hollers from the front door, so I come out and show him around the side. He picks some stuff out and I take him out the side entrance again and to his van. Oh, anyway, I wonder if they flagged down some person with that van and paid them to use it.

Also, i'm really confused by Smockey saying "don't tell me what I can't do."

David3

Post by David3 »

Stephen wrote:Also, i'm really confused by Smokey saying "don't tell me what I can't do."
I don't know. Maybe now that he's stuck in Locke's body, he's slowly becoming Locke.

Mayve the Smoke Moster will eventually borrow some other quotes:

"This is destiny, this is destiny... This is my destiny! I'm supposed to do this, dammit!"

"I've done everything you wanted me to do. So why did you do this to me?!"

muttonboy

Post by muttonboy »

David3 wrote:
Stephen wrote:Also, i'm really confused by Smokey saying "don't tell me what I can't do."
I don't know. Maybe now that he's stuck in Locke's body, he's slowly becoming Locke.

Mayve the Smoke Moster will eventually borrow some other quotes:

"This is destiny, this is destiny... This is my destiny! I'm supposed to do this, dammit!"

"I've done everything you wanted me to do. So why did you do this to me?!"
"I'm just playing a game, Randy. It's my lunch hour, I can play a game"

Vince

Post by Vince »

"It's my mess. I'll clean it up."

"I was wrong."

Actually, I too am quite confused/intrigued about Bob "Smokey" Loophole shouting, "Don't tell me..." First I thought that all the other times he said it maybe it was Smokey, gradually creeping into Locke's consciousness. But then that doesn't make sense unless this was a process begun off The Island when Locke was at least a teenager. That seems unlikely to me.

So then it would suggest some sort of crossover of Locke's consciousness into Smokey's Locke form. I do think Bob was experiencing genuine frustration, ala Locke, when the boy reminded him of the rules. Could this outburst be indicative of some hole in Smokey's armor? Can he lose control of his assumed form? Does Locke's consiousness exist somewhere, fighting to be free? Or is the "Locke blueprint" that Smokey uses not entirely rewritable and has some bugs?

Of course, I was reminded that we've had other characters say the line, too, so maybe I'm reading too much into things...

Perry

Post by Perry »

David3 wrote: I don't know. Maybe now that he's stuck in Locke's body, he's slowly becoming Locke.
lol. Maybe this is the infection. Being infected by Locke.

Return to “6x04: The Substitute”