Pocket Dimension

whir

Pocket Dimension

Post by whir »

It seems like most people are assuming that there are now 2 completely full and separate parallel dimensions on Lost. I just wanted to float the idea that maybe the Island is in a sort of pocket dimension or universe all to itself. Maybe this has been shot down by the producers or something. But, I don't think it's any crazier than alternate dimensions in general. I think it would explain what the barrier is, a sort of dimensional gateway. If this is correct than the incident 'reset' the outside world. The people on the Island were insulated and continued to exist because they are inside this bubble, not because they created another dimension. There would be no alternate reality, the old world was erased. Jacob even promised Dogen that he would bring his son back, didn't he? It seems like he did, but THIS Dogen can never be part of his life. The island underwater is a sticking point. I have some thoughts about that, but I don't want to elaborate if there is no interest in this idea. I'm also sure this is not a wholly original idea, I just don't see it discussed much. Anyway, be easy on me. I watch the show with 3 casual Lost friends who seem to accept this as a possibility. I just wanted to see what people who follow the show a little more closely thought. Thoughts? Criticisms?

Justin
Site Admin

Re: Pocket Dimension

Post by Justin »

You had me until you brought up the island underwater shot, which I think proves that the FS universe is different. I do think it is a bit odd that we haven't seen the outside world since Season 5. If and when "someone" shows up on the island, maybe then we'll have a better idea of what life is like out there.

whir

Post by whir »

Yeah, the 'other' island is a sticking point. Crackpot explanation: At the end of the show, the Island travels back in time, the barrier fails and 'crashes' into our universe, much like 815 crashed into it. Would that be morissettian irony or what?

David3

Post by David3 »

a little too ironic, yeah I really do think...

Her words, not mine.

Return to “6x06: Sundown”