Smokey and Pilons

Perry

Smokey and Pilons

Post by Perry »

How can Smokey be so smart to know that he can smash the roof of Jacob's statue house so that a piece of rubble hits Bram out of the ring of ash, but he can't notice that these pilons Widmore has made are not like the originals in that they are supported by a tripod with at least 1 leg outside of the sonic barrier, easily knocked over.
Although I guess it's just for the story, since at any time I'm sure Smokey could have picked up a tree or boulder and knocked over or broken the original Dharma pilons.

Hmmm... I've had a crazy lame thought that could explain why Smokey doesn't just break the pilons.
Remember how Ben said that Jacob hates technology and for John not to use the torch? Maybe this is another of Jacob and MIB's conflicts, and MIB loves technology and cannot bear seeing it come to "harm".
As I said, lame... not only this, Ben didn't really seem to know what was what, and it seems that it was MIB that was pissed by the torch.
Hmmm, maybe Jacob and MIB were BOTH in the cabin and MIB was saying "help me" to John, and Jacob got pissed off with the torch. That works.
Hope they clarify what was going on back then.
(Weird having a conversation with yourself)

TheRadioTower

Re: Smokey and Pilons

Post by TheRadioTower »

I don't think smokey was bothered by the torch. Smokey knew what Ben told Locke and decide to go along with it and keep up the ruse since Locke believing that Jacob was in the cabin is the key part of his plan,

CorpsesAndChaos

Re: Smokey and Pilons

Post by CorpsesAndChaos »

yeah, i noticed the pylon thing right away and was like "pfffffffffffffff"

the explanation, of him hating technology, as much as id like to hold a little weight to rationalize it, just doesnt seem logical in any context.

for example, why would he discriminate what he can destroy based on metal/stone/organism (trees/people)? it seems like the materiality is of no matter to him unless "MAGIC" (DUN DUN DUN) is "imbued" to the material (ash... and supposedly water doesnt need any. even though water is in tons of things). so he cant pass the Sonic Fence but he sure could just tip one of those cheese-ball things over with about 3 ounces of effort and destroy the chain/circuit. seems lame but we are watching a comic book made for TV.

whatever. as long as it ends with lots of violence and laughs.

Return to “6x10: The Package”