Comments about Episode

vickih

Comments about Episode

Post by vickih »

i don't understand how the MIB could kill Penny.... Didn't Widmore say that if MIB gets off the island then all life will cease to exist? So if that is the case then MIB couldn't kill Penny if she didn't exist..???????????????

Did Widmore blab about Desmonds secret?? I really hope that Widmore and Ben are conning MIB and Widmore lied to MIB. If not big disappointment. :(((

ManInRed

Re: Comments about Episode

Post by ManInRed »

When he said everyone would cease to exist, he means everyone will be killed. It's just a more dramatic way of saying it.

vickih

Post by vickih »

ManInRed wrote:When he said everyone would cease to exist, he means everyone will be killed. It's just a more dramatic way of saying it.

Do you think that means that MIB would kill everyone? I'm confused.

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude »

Yeah, it's confusing. I think it may be another example of "the box was just a metaphor." They're often found guilty of hyperbole. They did make it seem like a result of MIB leaving the island would be the annihilation of everything. I didn't get the sense that MIB could choose to kill or not kill specific people.

vickih

Post by vickih »

Claude wrote:Yeah, it's confusing. I think it may be another example of "the box was just a metaphor." They're often found guilty of hyperbole. They did make it seem like a result of MIB leaving the island would be the annihilation of everything. I didn't get the sense that MIB could choose to kill or not kill specific people.
Yeah that is what I think.

420brownie

Post by 420brownie »

I just took it that MiB was going to kill everyone, but that he was going to start with Penny. Not sure we should read too much into it, the line was really just to give Widmore reason to talk.

bosstakesforever

Post by bosstakesforever »

MiB just wants to leave the island so I doubt he has it in for all of humanity. I think he just wants to... well, not be on the fucking island.

As for the mechanics, they don't make that much sense to me. If Widmore actually believed that Smokey was going to kill everyone "you care about" then we can only suppose, as the OP suggested, that Penny would be among the dead already. What's the point in his (attempted) negotiation if the outcome wouldn't really be any different?

If we're taking the writers at their word, either Widmore knew something that we didn't or he was fed some serious bullshit by Jacob... if that even happened. I'm a little confused.

Wasoney

Post by Wasoney »

420brownie wrote:
Thu May 20, 2010 9:39 pm
I just took these testosterone boosters that MiB was going to kill everyone, but that he was going to start with Penny. Not sure we should read too much into it, the line was really just to give Widmore reason to talk.
After recently rewatching the show, I was very puzzled by this episode. It just didn't make any sense to me, even less than the first time around. lol

Return to “6x16: What They Died For”