Movie-cast

Got ideas you want us to talk about?
redscarf

Movie-cast

Post by redscarf » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:03 am

I don't know about you guys but I thoroughly enjoyed the movie podcast. No Country was such a good movie.

Silentbob

Re: Movie-cast

Post by Silentbob » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:55 pm

same here. i want more movie podcasts! i posted this on the blogspot, but there needs to be more movie podcasts! i suggest a donnie darkko one. maybe you could announce it a few weeks in advance, so someone can put it in their netflix q, or rent it, download it, etc in time to not be clueless on the podcast. thankfully, i already saw no country before the podcast, but if i hadnt, that would have sucked. either way, the podcast was awesome.

muttonboy

Post by muttonboy » Wed May 21, 2008 2:10 am

I just got to this recently. Very good podcast. The movie was very interesting....though I cannot watch it without being bothered by the scene when the killer-guy is at the gas station, and was eating peanuts (or whatever) while asking the guy what time he goes to bed: though I thought it was a great scene, it was poorly edited. Once you notice that the cuts show the killer-guy crunching his snack face-on; then show him not crunching from the back; then show him putting a nut in his mug from the side; then show him right-away from the back not munching a nut at all; was very bother-amatic to me. In my humble opinion, they should have done this scene with one take, from one perspective (side-view, say), and just play the entire thing out like a theatrical-scene. In my opinion, just because you can shoot the scene three times (1. from the side; 2. from behind killer; 3. from behind the gas-jockey) and then tie all three takes into one scene, doesn't mean you should: certainly these actors, munching nuts and all, should have been able to do one full-through take that would have played better from a side angle then the switching back and forth.

Errrrr! Thus my rank-ness: am I full it or not? What say you....

Justin
Site Admin

Post by Justin » Thu May 22, 2008 1:11 am

I never notice little discontinuities like that, which is good, because they always happen.

It would be interesting to see a one take one shot version of the scene, though.

Vince

Post by Vince » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:17 am

Suspiria!

OMG! An amazing confluence of circumstances :)

Background - In addition to LOST I'm a huge horror fan, and this flick was a big deal for me because I love (most) Argento AND I saw the potential for a..not "better" but..alternatively good - MODERN telling of this one! The marquee theater cancelled its few showings and I was lucky to catch it on the only other screen in town, last-minute on a weekday matinee (ver' rare).

I mostly liked it. I think it was too long (and, as LOST & Lynch fans you can attest my attention span). But, I thought the incorporation of dance was good. There were intense and shocking set-pieces. I actually liked the dramatic divergence (from the original) in lighting/color-scheme, & thought the cinematography/editing was solid. I'm most pissed by how much I was taken out of it by Spoiler
Tilda
as the doc, having been spoiled ahead of viewing ):<

Anyway, boarding a 2.5 hr flight home on Turkey Saturday, I was surprised to find a new Mr. Podcast! Double Bonus - Suspiria!!! As Agent Cooper would say - “Gentlemen. when two separate events occur simultaneously pertaining to the same object in inquiry we must always pay strict attention." The timing worked out perfectly to listen to the non-commentary 1st & 3rd acts on the plane (no mysterious islands), get home, then watch the movie w/ the commentary the next night! Great to hear you guys on this one - thanks :)

Claude
Site Admin

Post by Claude » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:43 pm

Ha, confluence indeed! It's almost like we did this podcast just for you. In fact, let's say we did!

Glad you liked it!

Return to “Topics”